Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And So It Begins

I didn't realize when I titled this post that I was really speaking about two things today. I was originally thinking about the birthing of this blog, but as I sat here working on it I was watching a rerun of the presidential inauguration. It occurred to me that a new season in American (and world) history is beginning as well.

I decided to take some photos from the tv screen. In spite of being miles away from Washington, DC, I probably got some better photos than the majority of the people present at the inauguration. Of course, they're nowhere near the quality I'd like, but they're well worth printing and saving as a momento of this historic event.


Americans turned out in record numbers today to witness the inauguration. Hopes are high, as are expectations. Time will tell.

1 comment:

trishalyn said...

You captured some great images...wow...that's some lens you have there...ha! Good luck in your new adventure!!!